Friday, July 2, 2010

How It All Started

I grew up around trains, both prototype and model. My father was, and still is, an avid rail fan and accomplished photographer and model railroader. His main interest has always been in junctions and the associated interlockings. I on the other hand have always been more attracted to the out of the way weed covered branches and short lines. He had the Kalmbach book Railroads You Can Model in his collection, it had a chapter on the Wabash Columbia Branch, I think I wore thru the pages.



I was hooked and thought about building a layout based on it for many years before I actually started on my current layout depicting the branch in the late summer of 1963. This blog will cover the construction and operation of this layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment