Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Current Track Plan


Here is my track plan as the layout is currently. It has a lot of short comings, most of wich I plan to correct during phase two construction.
I built this as a test bed for testing my bench work and track laying skills. When I started this project a few years ago I was concerned that I would have expansion and contraction issues because my layout is in an unfinished basement. So far I haven’t had any bench work or track work issues, derailments are very rare. My original plan was heavily influenced by the HOG layout plan.
More on it can be found here: http://hogrr.blogspot.com/
The layout as built faithfully represents the track in the city of Columbia as it was in the time I’m modeling, 1963-64. The plan for phase two is to model the rest of the branch to its main line connection at Centralia.

1 comment:

  1. I have built a railroad based on the HOG plan as well. A very good base to start from in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete